"Come on! Someone has to die for real! I mean, what is this, a Marvel Comic?"
Deadpool began life in Canada as Wade Wilson. He is known as the Merc with a Mouth, "one of the most relentlessly wisecracking heroes in the universe." He is famous for 'breaking the fourth wall,' or speaking directly to the audience, aware that he is a character in a story. He wears a mask to cover his scarred appearance and he contains a rapid healing factor.
How did Deadpool get his name? Though the origin stories differ, in both the comics and the film it revolved around betting on a "dead pool" - a betting pool as to who would die first.
Would you like to draw the anti-hero Deadpool? This easy, step-by-step cartoon character drawing tutorial is here to show you how. All you will need is a pen, pencil, crayon, or marker and a sheet of paper.
This drawing tutorial is a chibi version of Deadpool. Chibi is a Japanese art form in which characters are "super-deformed," their large heads taking up to half their body size. Chibi cartoons can make even the most unsavory characters cute and are commonly utilized in fan art.
1. Begin by using a curved line to sketch the side of the character's face.
2. Use a curved line to complete the outline of the face. Notice that there is an overlap with the previous line on one side and that the end of the current line doubles back upon itself to form a triangular shape.
3. Draw two large ovals in the middle of the face. These constitute Deadpool's eyes.
4. Use a pair of lines to draw Deadpool's upper arm, and another pair of lines to draw the lower arm. Notice the bend of the elbow and the overlapping lines. Then, enclose the hand using "U" shaped lines for the fingers. Draw a curved line across the arm at the wrist.
5. Draw Deadpool's remaining arm. Use a pair of curved lines for the upper arm and another for the lower. Enclose the hand using "U" shaped fingers and draw a curved line across the wrist.
6. Draw Deadpool's utility belt. Use two "U" shaped lines to form the pouches on each side. Connect the lines at the top. Draw a small circle at the bottom of each upper "U" to indicate the closure. In the center, draw a circle to form the Deadpool emblem. Within it, draw two half circles. Draw a small oval in each, then shade around it. Connect the emblem to the pouches using pairs of lines.
7. Draw the bandolier, using a pair of curved lines at a diagonal angle. Then, draw a zigzag line diagonally across the torso.
8. Use a series of curved lines to outline the legs and feet. Band each leg with a curved line to indicate the top of the boots.
9. Draw the weapon strapped to Deadpool's back. Use straight lines to outline the blade, the guard, and the grip. Texture the grip with diagonal lines in opposite directions, forming a checkerboard pattern. Draw an oval within each eye and shade around it. Then, connect the eyes to the top of the head using curved lines.
Color Deadpool. His costume is red and black.
Have you ever wanted to be able to draw a beautiful rose? This easy step-by-step drawing tutorial outlines the steps necessary to draw a cartoon style rose, complete with leaflets.
This project has a lot of details, but you can complete it easily by carefully following the instructions below.
In each step, previously drawn lines are black and the new lines added to the sketch are blue in color.
You won't need any special tools to complete this sketch. Follow this simple guide using any type of paper, as well as a pencil, pen, marker, or other writing tool. If you'd like, you can color your finished product.
Would you like to draw a beautiful flower? Doing so is simple with this drawing tutorial. By following the step-by-step instructions in this drawing guide, you will soon be able to sketch your own rose, complete with leaves and a stem.
You will not need any special tools to create this drawing, only paper and a writing implement - a pencil, a pen, or a marker.
Sketch lightly at first, as you will be erasing some of your lines as you go along.
There are many details in this drawing, but the illustrations below show you each step. In each image, the blue line is a new addition to the drawing.
"The eyes are the window to the soul." So states an antiquated maxim. To scientists, however, the eyes are very interesting. For example, researchers are currently developing technology that could use patterns in the iris of the eye to identify people, much as the fingerprint is used currently. Movies and television have long depicted such technology, but it may soon become a reality. In fact, some airports are already testing this 'eye ID' technology.
To artists, the eyes hold another interest. The eyes are surrounded by many, many small muscles, and the movement of these muscles is an indicator of emotion on the human face. Our eyes, for instance, can show whether we are happy, sad, angry, frightened, excited, or bored.
The eyes, then, are an important means of expressing these emotions in the visual arts, yet many artists find the eyes to be one of the more difficult portions of the human face to capture accurately. What is more, it is almost paradoxical that the eyes are one member largely responsible for our ability to draw the eyes of another.
Almost every drawing or painting of humans or animals includes eyes, whether open or closed. As such, many styles have developed. The simplest eyes involve nothing more than a solidly shaded dot. Other simple eyes consists of a circle with a shaded dot inside it. The Japanese manga and anime art styles often lend straight lines and squared corners to the shape of the eye.
Would you like to draw a pair of eyes? Perhaps you are working on a portrait of a friend or family member. Now, the complicated task of drawing realistic human eyes is easy with the help of this simple, step-by-step drawing guide.
All you will need is a pencil, a piece of paper, and an eraser. You may also want to use crayons, colored pencils, markers, or paints to shade your finished drawing. Notice that each step of this drawing guide includes an illustration as well as explanatory text. New lines added in each picture are highlighted in blue.